Texas GOP Platform ‘Deplores Discrimination’ — Except Against Gay People

Read the Texas Freedom Network’s analysis of the 2012 Texas Republican Party platform here. The full platform itself is here.

We thought these two passages were particularly revealing.

Page 7:

“Homosexuality — We affirm that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society and contributes to the breakdown of the family unit. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country‚Äôs founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable ‘alternative’ lifestyle, in public policy, nor should ‘family’ be redefined to include homosexual ‘couples.’ We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin. Additionally, we oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction or belief in traditional values.”

Page 15:

“Equality of All Citizens — We deplore all discrimination.”

Yeah. Sure you do.

4 thoughts on “Texas GOP Platform ‘Deplores Discrimination’ — Except Against Gay People

  1. Whoops! It’s a typo. Please change to “We deploy all discrimination.”

    “Jesus loves me, but He can’t stand you.”
    -Austin Lounge Lizards

  2. Yes indeed, God hates gay people because they’ve chosen their gay lifestyle. I remember my youth, my Day of Choosing, that decision day we all face. For me it was the day I turned 15, I sat myself down and said “okay what’s it gonna be, boys or girls?” I went with girls because they smell better. Shallow to be sure but at least I won’t burn in hell for eternity like all those awful horrible dreadful gay people.

    What can you say about summer in Texas other than it’s not the heat, it’s the stupidity that gets to you.

  3. I agree Breck. We all just woke up one morning and said, “Man!!!! That guy has a really nice butt. Which will it be for me? Boys or girls? Well, I’d really like to have sex with that guy, but I guess I’ll go with girls instead because that’s what most other people are doing.”

    I really feel sorry for the 5 percent of Americans who had that experience and honestly believe that the other 95 percent of all people had the same experience and made a simple choice between vanilla and chocolate. It makes me just want to scream at them and say, “Hey!!!!!!!!!!! Freakazoid!!!!!!!!! You are the one that is really abnormal because even feeling like you have a choice is totally abnormal. It’s sicko man. You need to go check yourself into a clinic somewhere and find out how you got that way. Instead, they go work for the Family Research Council.