Job Posting: Regional Field Coordinator — San Antonioby
Texas Rising, the Texas Freedom Network’s program for young Texans, seeks a full-time Regional Field Coordinator based in San Antonio.
Texas Rising is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement of young Texans working toward equality and social justice.
The Regional Field Coordinator is the face of Texas Rising in the San Antonio area, working to advance and grow our network of activists and organizers. The primary responsibilities of a Regional Field Coordinator include recruiting, training and managing teams of college-age students on area school campuses to build grassroots power and implement civic engagement and issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a plan to organize their assigned region based on its unique characteristics
- Volunteer management
- Coordinate Texas Rising student chapters on targeted campuses in the San Antonio area
- Implement a voter engagement campaign that includes voter registration, voter education, and get-out-the-vote (GOTV) efforts (phone banking, text outreach, and block walking)
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations and allies
- Foster participation in all Texas Rising events through various outreach strategies
- Implement issue advocacy campaigns related to issues such as access to birth control and abortion, support for quality public schools, voting rights, and LGBTQ equality
- Travel frequently to campus chapters to assist in planning and execution of grassroots electoral and issue-advocacy campaigns
- Prepare and lead youth advocacy and organizing trainings
- Serve as Texas Rising’s representative at events, conferences and meetings, including occasional public speaking engagements
- Coordinate logistics of Texas Rising outreach events, including trainings, visibility events, speaker forums and lobby days
- Occasional travel to Texas Rising events throughout the state
Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required. This position reports directly to the Texas Rising Field Director and is based in San Antonio.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must be organized, resourceful and persistent; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Ideal candidate will be able to bring people together and motivate them to get involved in the political process. Entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to build and implement a plan for your region is preferred. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Experience in volunteer and staff management is preferred.
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
Email cover letter, resume and three references to Rae Martinez, Texas Rising Field Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.