The right always finds something to complain about when it comes to President Obama — even if it means making stuff up. Here’s more of what we heard in 2014. Click here to read more quotes from the right in 2014.
“Before ObamaCare, there had never been a case of Ebola in the U.S.”
– A tweet from Nick Muzin, the deputy chief of staff for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. Muzin later called his tweet a “bad joke.” (You reckon?)
“The American people have lost confidence in your leadership as president, and we’re going to not confirm any judicial nominations in the Senate until after the American people have had an opportunity to elect a new president.”
– Richard Land, the former president of Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, expressing the right’s scorched-earth policy toward President Obama.
“‘Net Neutrality’ is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government.”
– Senator Ted Cruz, R-Texas, in a Tweet absurdly comparing the effort to keep Internet service from becoming a tiered, unequal system to health care reform.
“On floor of house waitin on ‘Kommandant-In-Chef’… the Socialistic dictator who’s been feeding US a line or is it ‘A-Lying?'”
— U.S. Rep. Randy Weber, R-Texas, tweeting shortly before the start of President Obama’s State of the Union address.
“My prediction is that a forced vaccination plan from Obama and his administration is on its way. This will not only allow someone put in control (so Obama can’t be blamed) to release something potentially fatal into our system, but also act as a tracker – the complete end of our privacy and freedom.”
– Right-wing radio talk show host Laurie Roth, explaining that President Obama has been deliberately allowing radical Muslims to send Ebola patients to the United States.
– Hate queen Ann Coulter, giving her advice to right-wing voters after the Republican Party’s victories in congressional elections this year.