You wanna hear paranoia at work? Ask a right-winger about immigration or Muslims. Here’s more of what we heard from the right this year. Click here to read more quotes from 2014.
“[These Central American] kids have scabies and influenza, viral pneumonia, leprosy. These kids are going to be part of the school system … They are bleeding Texas (Democrat) blue… What we don’t need is more people at the trough. These people are not coming in with a good, Christian heart. Most of them are criminals, anyway.”
– From a sampling of constituent feedback delivered to State Rep. David Simpson after Simpson called for compassion for undocumented children coming across the nation’s southern border.
“The cartels, and I’m convinced unfortunately, some in the Mexican government are helping them get into Texas. There’s no way they could make it that far.”
– Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, claiming that undocumented immigrant children from Central America are being helped by drug cartels and the Mexican government.
“When we see these kids, you and I think young kids, we think maybe 12-year-olds, maybe middle-schoolers, But we know back in our revolution, we had 12-year-olds fighting in our revolution. And for many of these kids, depending on where they’re coming from, they could be coming from other countries and be highly trained as warriors who will meet up with their group here and actually rise up against us as Americans.”
– Republican National Committee member Tamara Scott, voicing her concerns about undocumented immigrant children from Central America on her weekly radio show.
“[President Obama] is waging jihad from inside the White House, his foreign policy is 100 percent pro-Islam, he has waged jihad on this country, he has shredded the Constitution, he has defiled the U.S. military by forcing the military to accept homosexuality. Obama is destroying Christian America, that’s his assignment as a jihadist, it is to destroy Christian America.”
– “Trunews” host Rick Wiles, claiming that Obama supports the extremist Islamic group ISIS and is “more than a Muslim, he is a jihadist.”
“One of the biggest lies in the world today, that’s being told over and over again, to where you are almost uninvited to social events if you don’t parrot this lie, and the lie is that Islam is a peaceful religion.”
– An unnamed Dallas megachurch pastor in an August 24 sermon posted online.