The Texas Freedom Network (TFN), a statewide, nonprofit organization located in Austin, seeks a full-time Office Manager/Administrator. The Texas Freedom Network advances a mainstream agenda of religious freedom and individual liberties to counter the religious right.
The Office Manager/Administrator will work closely with all TFN staff and will report to the President. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to organize, coordinate, and manage the financial and administrative aspects of day-to-day operations for TFN (i.e. to make the trains run on time and ensure that the numbers all match up!). Responsibilities will involve many facets of the organization’s administrative operations, including:
- Provide for proper fiscal record-keeping and reporting, including the preparation of financial statements for the President and Board of Directors, in accordance with standard accounting principles and the financial policies and procedures of the organization
- Manage the day-to-day financials, including banking, paying bills, managing payroll, balancing accounts, tracking revenue and expenditures, and producing financial reports
- Coordinate as needed with accounting firm and bookkeeper for monthly financial reconciliation, annual audits and tax filings for all TFN affiliated entities
- Coordinate Board of Directors meetings, correspondence with board members, minutes of board meetings and committee meetings
- Coordinate human resource processes, maintain up-to-date orientation materials for new employees, maintain benefits and healthcare accounts, track leave accrual, research and inform staff of training opportunities, manage weekly staff meetings and coordinate staff retreats
- Create and maintain staff calendar
- Assist the President with correspondence, scheduling, travel reservations, and filing
- Oversee maintenance of office, including upkeep of building and grounds
- Ensure maintenance of all office equipment
- Procure sufficient office supplies
- Act as principal liaison with all vendors
- Act as the primary contact for visitors and answering the phones
- Assist with logistics for fundraising and outreach events
Some travel and working long and/or irregular hours are required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Applicants must have at least two years of professional administrative experience, including financial management; be well organized, resourceful and attentive to details; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate a commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access is required.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary commensurate with experience; benefits include health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid vacation, personal leave and holidays.
TO APPLY: Fax resume and at least three references to [email protected] by 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 7.
The Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.