Job Posting: Development Officerby
The Texas Freedom Network is seeking a Development Officer to manage and administer all aspects of annual giving and grow our fundraising operation throughout the state.
The Development Officer will play an integral role in the organization, overseeing an ambitious multi-city events plan, digital fundraising program, annual direct mail campaign, recognition and stewardship, and corporate support.
As we look toward TFN’s 25th anniversary in 2020, we are taking our organization to the next level by expanding our development operation, strengthening infrastructure, amplifying our public engagement, and building the political power necessary to continue to fight for social justice. The ideal Development Officer has a strong passion for fundraising and a commitment to the progressive movement.
The Development Officer will be based in TFN’s Austin headquarters. The position will require some travel.
- Expand the annual fund program and maintain a portfolio of donors and prospects for solicitation.
- Organize and execute all fundraising events for the organization, including but not limited to, member’s receptions, annual luncheons, galas, stakeholder briefings, etc.
- Create a comprehensive digital fundraising campaign and social media strategy with a focus on donor acquisition and retention around ongoing campaigns, giving day opportunities and donor engagement.
- Oversee the development, production and distribution of annual direct mail campaign, including drafting solicitations, creating segmentations and tracking results.
- Cultivate, steward and expand monthly, sustaining donor program.
- Develop and implement cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors as well as models to expand donor base.
- Manage volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Conduct and analyze research on donors and prospects.
- Track donations, monitor financial goals and ensure timely acknowledgements.
- A strong commitment to the principles and values of TFN and its mission.
- Minimum of two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with a proven track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized, creative, resourceful and persistent.
- Personal initiative and a sense of humor. Friendly, outgoing, and collaborative approach, and a strong team-oriented style.
- Experience with donor database management and systems (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, eTapestry) to track campaigns preferred.
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Slack, Asana) preferred.
- A confident and professional work style. Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment in stressful circumstances. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
- Knowledge of the Texas philanthropic and political community preferred.
- Ability to work beyond the traditional workday and work week as needed.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please indicate “Development Officer” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: December 12, 2018.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TFN encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, or disability.