Texas Rising Leadership Opportunity Available at UTEPby
Are you a student looking to roll your sleeves up and gain valuable non-profit progressive advocacy experience? If so, the Texas Rising leadership program has an opportunity for you at the UT-El Paso. The Texas Rising student organizing program is made up of campus fellows who work to advocate for issues that matter on their campuses and in their communities: LGBTQ equality, reproductive justice and health access and voting rights.
What are the benefits of becoming a Texas Rising Fellow?
- Senior Campus Fellows receive a monthly stipend of $100
- Networking opportunities with some of Texas’ best political activists
- Résumé builder: one year of real-world political activism with a leading statewide non-profit advocacy organization and national partners like Advocates for Youth
- All-expense paid grassroots and advocacy training opportunities. Build skills in media and public speaking
Plus, Campus Fellows get to:
- Participate in Texas Rising advocacy efforts at the State Board of Education
- Run a voter registration and civic engagement campaign on campus
- Become a grassroots activist to support progressive issues, including civic engagement, LGBTQ equality and abortion access
- Host events and rallies on the UTEP campus and in the community
- Run a student chapter with access to support from a statewide organization
If interested in this position, please contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org.