Do you have a passion for civic engagement? Are you fired up about this election?
Texas Rising is looking for passionate people to help young voters out to the polls during early voting and on Election Day!
Phone bankers will work to expand the overall outreach efforts of the organization with respect to our non-partisan civic engagement work. Texas Rising, a project of Texas Freedom Network Education Fund, is focused on turning out 18-29 year olds to vote in the 2018 election. This position will last approximately 2 weeks and is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Contact voters by phone using a script and ask a series of questions from that script. Collect and enter responses into a computer, and collect and manage data.
- Regular check-ins with TFNEF staff about ongoing call progress.
- Be available to attend a phone bank training and 3-4 phone banks.
- Energetic and positive attitude, must be able to talk on the phone and have meaningful conversations with voters
- Considerate and professional
- Teamwork and a positive attitude are critical to the success of the campaign
- Care about progressive politics, youth organizing and grassroots communities
- Able to take direction from Outreach staff
- Transportation to and from phone banks
- Bilingual; English and Spanish (preferred but not required)
- Previous experiences as a phone banker on a non-profit or political campaign (preferred but not required)
Positions have a commitment to attend all scheduled trainings and shifts. $15.00 hour. Callers will work a total of 14 hours earning a total of $210.
Email a statement of interest to the applicable Regional Field Coordinator below:
Rae Martinez at [email protected]
Lucius Miles at [email protected]
Ofelia Alonso at [email protected]
San Antonio + San Marcos
Oscar Tu at [email protected]