Are you registering to vote in Texas for the first time?
To register to vote in Texas, you must complete a voter registration application and return it to your county election office. The last day to register for Texas’ upcoming school board elections was April 6.
- Follow the steps on this page to check your registration status and be guided through the online voter registration process.
- You can also request a printed application. The Secretary of State’s office will mail a postage-paid voter registration application to the address provided
- OR you can contact or visit your local voter registrar to complete the voter registration process with in-person help.
Other ways to register:
If you’re not new to Texas, but you’d like to check your registration status or update your address, it’s simple! Just make sure to check your registration status and that any updates needed were made by April 6 to vote in Texas’ upcoming runoff elections.
- You can check your voter registration status and follow the steps to update your voter registration online here
- If you need to update your driver’s license, you can update your voter registration at the same time! You will be given the option to register to vote or update your information when updating your license.