TAKE ACTION: #StopSB6 in the Senateby
Senate Bill 6, the discriminatory anti-transgender “bathroom bill,” will get a vote by the full Senate this week.
Please call your state senator and ask them to vote “NO” on Senate Bill 6!
Submit your address below to find contact info for your state senator
When you call, tell them:
- SB 6 is simply about discrimination, singling out transgender people — including students in our public schools — for harm in communities all across Texas.
- It’s absurd to turn officials at schools and public agencies into potty police.
- This is a bill in search of a problem. Entering a public restroom to harm someone is already a crime.
- If this bill passes, transgender Texans would face the impossible choice of breaking the law or putting themselves at risk by using a restroom that clearly doesn’t accord with their appearance and gender identity.
- This bill is similar to North Carolina’s job-killing law that enforces discrimination against LGBT people.