Deputy Development Director (Austin)
The Texas Freedom Network, a statewide, nonprofit organization located in Austin, seeks a full-time Deputy Development Director. TFN advances a mainstream agenda of religious freedom and individual liberties to counter the radical right.
The Deputy Development Director will play an integral role in the organization and will be accountable for reaching ambitious fundraising goals. TFN is looking for a talented, creative individual who demonstrates a commitment to the mission and goals of the organization.
- Manage portfolio with ambitious revenue goals, utilizing a multi-faceted approach including direct solicitations, mail and digital
- Organize and execute all statewide fundraising events for the organization; recruit and manage event committee members
- Oversee a rigorous donor acquisition, cultivation and stewardship program
- Cultivate and enhance sustaining donor program
- Work with the TFN Board of Directors to reach annual goals
- Track donations, monitor financial goals and ensure timely acknowledgements
- Manage logistics for ad hoc fundraising projects
- Manage volunteer engagement opportunities
- Maintain donor and constituent databases
- Travel and working long and/or irregular hours are required
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Five years of fundraising experience or equivalent field
- Experience securing gifts, donor acquisition and retention
- Well organized, creative, resourceful and persistent
- Ties to the progressive philanthropic community a plus
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual a plus
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge/Convio/Blackbaud fundraising platform is a plus
Annual salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid vacation, personal leave and holidays as well as a dynamic working environment.
Email cover letter, resume, writing sample and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, September 8, 2017.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.