Join the TFN Team: Development Associateby
The Texas Freedom Network is seeking an enthusiastic individual, eager to take on an opportunity to support our fundraising operation throughout the state of Texas.
The Development Associate provides proactive, responsive, and effective support, working to advance the fundraising and donor relations efforts of the organization. The position provides key strategic communications, project management, data management, and research functions as a part of the development team.
As TFN celebrates our 25 th anniversary in 2020, we are taking our organization to the next level by expanding our development operation, strengthening infrastructure, amplifying our public engagement, and building the political power necessary to continue to fight for social justice.
- Assists in the implementation and the design of a successful donor relations program that targets all levels of giving.
- Responsible for review and control of gift acknowledgment, including preparing donor acknowledgements, thank you notes, pledge statements, and memorial acknowledgements.
- Manages gifts processing, including recording pledges and gifts in the individual donor accounts, and banking deposits as appropriate.
- Uses the database to track foundation and corporate grants, recording application materials, deadlines, payment schedules, and required reports.
- Assists in drafting reports for submission to grantors and funders.
- Produces necessary reports, mailing lists, and donor lists as requested on an ad hoc basis.
- Manages a monthly process of gift reconciliation
- Tracks prospect and donor moves in the donor database.
- Assists with scheduling donor meetings, briefings and joint fundraising efforts with partners.
- Conducts prospect research and wealth screening on existing and prospective donors to build comprehensive briefings on donor background, preferences, and priorities in collaboration with other development staff.
- Assists in event planning, logistics management, and donor relations management forevents and visibility opportunities.
- A strong commitment to the principles and values of TFN and its mission.
- A minimum of one year of experience in nonprofit organizing, advocacy, and or community-based organizations in a fundraising or development capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills, along with excellent problem solving skills, with a consistent, solution-oriented approach.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and the ability to improve on existing processes/systems.
- Strong research, critical thinking, and analytic skills.
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail, a commitment to follow-through, and a high level of motivation while displaying readiness, optimism, and calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and conflicts.
- Experience with donor databases or constituent relationship management systems, preferably Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge and Every Action.
- Confident with technology and willing to learn how to use new databases and online tools.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and G suite.
- Ability to travel and work outside of the office on a limited basis.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Development Associate” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: March 11, 2020.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TFN encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, or disability.