Join the Team: Administrative Assistant (Austin)by
The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in our Austin office. TFN is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with TFN’s Office Manager to provide administrative, logistical and bookkeeping support for the organization. This position will also coordinate the organization’s IT and digital security processes (note: we are not seeking an IT manager – simply someone to work with vendors and staff to coordinate basic IT functions). The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, including:
Office Administration & Bookkeeping
- Assist Office Manager with regular data entry and other bookkeeping duties (QuickBooks Online)
- Manage expense-tracking software (Nexonia) and organize receipts for all staff credit cards
Operations and Event Support
- Assist Outreach staff with scheduling, logistics and planning for TFN programs/events
- Manage logistics for board and staff meetings/trainings
IT and Digital Security Support
- Manage internal IT request system – handling minor tasks and assigning more challenging issues to outside vendors
- Train staff on office productivity and communications tools
- Monitor staff compliance with existing digital and data security protocols
Applicants must have:
- At least one year of professional administrative experience
- Some bookkeeping experience (strongly preferred)
- A basic comfort with technology and willingness for additional training
Must be detail-oriented and possess organizational skills; and demonstrate a commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Proficiency with QuickBooks, Google suite, and Asana is a big plus.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary commensurate with experience; benefits include employer-paid health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan with employer-match, generous paid-time-off policy.
TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter, resume and at least two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 16. (Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.)
The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.