Join the Team: Executive Assistant (Part-Time)by
The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a part-time (~20 per week) Executive Assistant to work in our Austin office. TFN is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks to support TFN’s Executive Director and Chief Program Officer. Primary responsibilities will include managing calendars and email inbox, making travel arrangements and acting as gatekeeper for all requests.
Work schedule for this position can be flexible, but regular presence in Austin office is expected.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in a similar role, is extremely well-organized, maintains a positive attitude and can manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, including:
- Act as point of initial contact for requests from staff and external partners
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Brief executives on daily schedule and prepares all necessary information prior to meetings, events or speaking engagements
- Help manage executives’ email inbox, including responding to simple requests
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Manage receipts and prepare monthly expense reports
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Maintain an extremely high level of professionalism, diplomacy and discretion
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Applicants must have at least two years of professional executive administrative experience. Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Proficiency with Google Suite is a big plus.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience; generous paid-time-off.
TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter, resume and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 16. (Applications considered on a rolling basis.)
The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.