Job Posting: Major Gifts Officerby
The Texas Freedom Network is seeking an enthusiastic individual, eager to take on an opportunity to grow our fundraising operation throughout the state of Texas.
Our team is excited to find someone who is energized by meeting and talking to donors and prospects, a professional who knows how to make every supporter feel important. Our ideal Major Gift Officer is inspired by the work of TFN and understands how to gather and track data, determine priorities, set and reach ambitious fundraising goals, communicate inspiring messages, talk to donors and prospects and work with a dedicated team.
As we look toward TFN’s 25th anniversary in 2020, we are taking our organization to the next level by expanding our development operation, strengthening infrastructure, amplifying our public engagement, and building the political power necessary to continue to fight for social justice.
Working closely with the Executive Director and leadership, the Major Gift Officer will spend a significant amount of time in direct interaction with donors, to ensure that each donor can fulfill their desire to contribute and support our work in a manner that is consistent with their values. The Major Gift Officer will be based in TFN’s Austin headquarters. The position will require extensive travel.
The Major Gift Officer will:
- Manage an extensive portfolio of current and prospective donors.
- Create a comprehensive cultivation and solicitation strategy for donors and prospects in the portfolio and execute strategies.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to keep in regular contact with donors on the issues and key organizational developments.
- Directly solicit major and planned gifts, and partner with leadership and program staff on donor engagement opportunities.
- Provide support to leadership staff in preparation for solicitation or stewardship opportunities, including briefing materials for meetings with donors and prospects.
- Qualify new prospects for assignment to the major gift portfolio.
- Conduct and analyze research on donors and prospects.
- Work with staff to secure project information to develop materials and highly-personalized proposals that are consistent with donor interests and programmatic priorities.
- Develop special cultivation and stewardship opportunities, such as small events for select donors/prospects in the portfolio.
- Track portfolio activity, communication, and progress. Create reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance.
- A strong commitment to the principles and values of TFN and its mission.
- Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with a proven track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts.
- Experience soliciting planned gifts is also preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Persuasiveness and perseverance in attaining goals.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines. Ability to develop long-term plans, set objectives, and track progress towards achieving goals.
- Personal initiative and a sense of humor. Friendly, outgoing, and collaborative approach, and a strong team-oriented style.
- Experience with donor database management and systems to track campaigns preferred.
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and a donor database (Raiser’s Edge) preferred.
- Must be available for travel across the state, as well as limited out-of-state travel.
- A confident and professional work style. Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment in stressful circumstances. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
- Knowledge of the Texas philanthropic and political community preferred.
- Ability to work beyond the traditional workday and work week as needed.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Major Gift Officer” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: Jan. 30, 2019.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TFN encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, or disability.