Texas has become a laboratory for bad ideas when it comes to reproductive rights. In recent years state lawmakers have passed some of the toughest anti-abortion measures in the country, essentially making the procedure almost inaccessible for many Texas women.
The Texas Freedom Network supports efforts to ensure women have access to abortion and other reproductive health care services. That access requires adequate state funding and broad availability of birth control, especially for low-income women.
- 2017 Religious Refusal Bills
- Just Texas: Faith Voices for Reproductive Justice
- Just Say Don’t Know: Sex Education in Texas Public Schools (2009 report)
- Sex Education in Public Schools: Progress in the Lone Star State (2011 report)
- Texans Stand Up for Access to Birth Control: Results from a Statewide Survey of Texas Voters (2013 report)