Join the TFN Team: Tx Rising Dallas Regional Field Coordinatorby
Texas Rising seeks a full-time Dallas Regional Field Coordinator. Texas Rising is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement of young Texans working toward equality and social justice.
The Regional Field Coordinator is the face of Texas Rising in Dallas, working to advance and grow our network of activists and organizers. The primary responsibilities of a Regional Field Coordinator include recruiting, training, and managing teams of college-age students on area campuses to build grassroots power and implement civic engagement and issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a plan to organize the region based on its unique characteristics
Coordinating TFN student chapters on targeted campuses in the DFW area
- Implementing voter engagement campaign which includes voter registration, voter education, and Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts (including phone banking, text outreach, and block walking)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with coalition partner organizations and allies
- Building participation in all TFN events through various outreach strategies
- Travel frequently to campus chapters to assist in planning and execution of grassroots electoral campaigns
- Preparing and leading voter registration, data entry, block walk, and phone bank trainings
- Serving as TFN representative at events in the region
Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required. This position reports directly to the Outreach and Field Manager and is based in Dallas, though travel to Denton, Arlington, and TFN headquarters in Austin will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must be well organized, resourceful and persistent; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable with public speaking; demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Ideal candidate will be able to bring people together and motivate them to get involved in the political process. Entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to build and implement a plan for your region is preferred. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, and generous paid time off.
Email cover letter, resume and three references to Rae Martinez, Outreach and Field Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.