Join the TFN Team: Regional Field Coordinator (Rio Grande Valley)by
The Texas Freedom Network seeks a full-time Regional Field Coordinator in the Rio Grande Valley. The Texas Freedom Network is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Regional Field Coordinator is the face of the Texas Freedom Network and our student-organizing project Texas Rising in the Rio Grande Valley, working to advance and grow our network of activists and organizers. The primary responsibilities of a Regional Field Coordinator include recruiting, training, and managing teams of college-age students on area campuses to build grassroots power and implement civic engagement and issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a plan to organize their region based on its unique characteristics
- Coordinating TFN student chapters on targeted campuses in the Rio Grande Valley area
- Implementing voter engagement campaign which includes voter registration, voter education, and Get Out The Vote(GOTV) efforts (including phone banking, text outreach, and block walking)
- Developing and maintain relationships with partner organizations and allies
- Building participation in all TFN events through various outreach strategies
- Implementing issue advocacy campaigns related to issues such as access to birth control and abortion, support for quality public schools, voting rights, and LGBTQ equality
- Travel frequently to campus chapters to assist in planning and execution of grassroots electoral and issue-advocacy campaigns
- Preparing and leading youth advocacy and organizing trainings
- Serving as TFN representative at events, conferences and meetings, including occasional public speaking engagements
- Coordinating logistics of TFN outreach events, including trainings, visibility events, speaker forums and lobby days
- Occasional travel to TFN events throughout the state
- Providing assistance to Outreach and Field Manager in executing TFN’s statewide advocacy campaigns
Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required. This position reports directly to the Outreach and Field Manager and is based in the Rio Grande Valley, though travel to TFN headquarters in Austin will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must be well organized, resourceful and persistent; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Ideal candidate will be able to bring people together and motivate them to get involved in the political process. Entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to build and implement a plan for your region is preferred. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
Email cover letter, resume and three references to Rae Martinez, Outreach and Field Manager at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.