Join the TFN Team: Outreach and Field Managerby
The Texas Freedom Network, a statewide, nonprofit organization seeks a full-time Outreach and Field Manager. The Texas Freedom Network is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of community and religious leaders that advances a mainstream agenda supporting public education, religious freedom and civil liberties.
The Outreach and Field Manager will work to expand the overall outreach efforts of the organization with an emphasis grassroots field organizing, youth organizing, civic engagement and issue advocacy. This position will be based in Austin, Texas.
The project areas and activities will include:
Youth Advocacy and Civic Engagement
- Manage Texas Rising program and staff.
- Coordinate with regional field organizers and TFN student chapters statewide on thirteen college and university campuses.
- Manage and direct organizational and field operations.
- Design and implement voter engagement and issue advocacy campaigns related to issues such as abortion access, LGBTQ equality, and support for quality public schools.
- Travel frequently to work with field staff and student chapter leaders in campuses statewide and oversee the planning and execution of grassroots issue advocacy campaign plans and events
- Create innovative approaches for expanding the TFN Texas Rising membership base
- Prepare and lead youth advocacy and organizing trainings
- Perform public speaking at outreach events
- Serve as TFN representative at events, conferences and meetings
- Design and implement plans for statewide supporter and electoral goals
- Identify and cultivate leaders within TFN membership, Texas Rising program, and progressive community
- Coordinate field operations of grassroots projects and campaigns
- Travel to and perform public speaking at outreach events across the state
- Serve as TFN representative at events, with coalitions, conferences and meetings
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations and allies
Special Events and Projects
- Design and execute TFN outreach events (i.e. trainings, speaker forums and lobby days)
- Coordinate logistics of issue forums and all other events hosted by TFN and Texas Rising
- Travel to participate in meetings with TFN members, allied organizations, and coalitions throughout the state
- Provide assistance to Outreach and Field Director
- Manage outreach interns
Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required. This position reports directly to the Outreach and Field Director and is based in Austin.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Applicants must have at least four years grassroots organizing, field, campaign or nonprofit experience; be well organized, resourceful and persistent; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization. Demonstrated public speaking and training ability is important as well as a firm understanding of government, the legislative process, civic engagement, and political advocacy. Prior experience with managing staff is preferred.
Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment and have a strong commitment to social justice. Experience working in the Voter Activation Network is preferred. Entrepreneurial spirit is a plus. Fluency in Spanish, both oral and written is preferred.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid vacation, personal leave and holidays.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume and three references to Val Benavidez, Outreach and Field Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15
The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.