Join the TFN Team: Outreach and Faith Coordinatorby
The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
TFN seek a full-time Outreach & Faith Coordinator based in Austin, but with the willingness to engage our members around the state. This position is a part of TFN’s outreach and field team with two primary areas of responsibility:
(1) Coordinating activist engagement around all of TFN’s political advocacy efforts (including at the Texas Legislature and State Board of Education)
(2) Supporting TFN’s faith-based outreach, especially in the areas of reproductive rights/justice and LGBTQ equality
To fulfill this range of duties, we are seeking a candidate with proven organizing and/or campaign experience, but also a personal or professional background in a faith community or faith-based organization.
- Assist TFN outreach and field team in designing grassroots engagement opportunities for TFN’s policy agenda and issue-advocacy campaigns at the Legislature, SBOE and in local communities
- Build participation in TFN programs using all outreach modes, including email and text alerts, coalition building, social media – and direct person-to-person outreach
- Coordinate logistics for TFN outreach events, including rallies, trainings, visibility events, speaker forums and lobby days
- Represent TFN in issue-based and legislative coalitions and at events with partner organizations
- Work with Outreach & Faith Director to develop and execute ongoing campaign to highlight progressive religious voices in the areas of reproductive rights and LGBTQ equality
- Represent TFN in faith-based coalitions, congregations and religious organizing spaces
- Help execute creative initiatives to expand TFN’s advocacy work in faith communities and with progressive clergy
Some travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must have at least one year of organizing experience (issue advocacy, political campaign, etc.). In addition, some experience with faith-based organizing is strongly preferred. Prior experience or demonstrated understanding of government, the legislative process, civic engagement and political advocacy are also crucial. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment and have a strong commitment to social justice.
Annual salary for this position is highly competitive; excellent benefits include 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
Email cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LBGT community to apply.