Join Our Team: Office Administratorby
The Texas Freedom Network (TFN), a nonprofit organization located in Austin, seeks a full-time Office Manager/Administrator. TFN is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of more than 130,000 community and religious leaders who support religious freedom, individual liberties and public education.
The Office Administrator works closely with all TFN staff and reports to the Deputy Director. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to organize, coordinate, and manage the financial and administrative aspects of all day-to-day office operations for TFN (make the trains run on time and ensure that the numbers add up!). Responsibilities involve many facets of the organization’s administrative operations, including:
Financial & Bookkeeping
- Serve as primary bookkeeper for all financial transactions (QuickBooks Online)
- Execute regular financial functions, including banking, payables, deposits, payroll, and financial reporting
- Coordinate with accounting firm and bookkeeper for monthly financial reconciliation, annual audits and tax filings
- Coordinate basic human-resource functions: maintain benefits and healthcare accounts, track employee time-off accrual, maintain up-to-date orientation materials for new hires, manage staff meetings
- Manage centralized staff and office calendar
- Oversee maintenance of office, including up-keep of building and grounds
- Act as principal liaison with all vendors
- Serve as primary contact for visitors and incoming phone calls
Staff & Board Support
- Assist staff with scheduling, logistics and planning for TFN programs/events
- Manage correspondence with board of directors
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Applicants must have at least two years of professional administrative experience, including demonstrated experience with financial management; be well organized, resourceful and attentive to details; and demonstrate a commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Proficiency with QuickBooks and basic office software (word processing, spreadsheets) is required.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary commensurate with experience; benefits include employer-paid health and dental benefits, 401(k) plan with employer-match, generous paid-time-off policy.
TO APPLY: E-mail resume and at least two references to: email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 19. (Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.)
The Texas Freedom Network/Texas Freedom Network Education Fund is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.