With a public school enrollment of more than 5 million, Texas has an increasingly diverse public education system. Unfortunately, that public education system is also the target of politicians seeking to privatize our neighborhood public schools and push a culture-war agenda in the classroom.
To that end, the Texas Freedom Network – while continuing to fight private school voucher legislation at the Capitol – has conducted groundbreaking research into what is being taught in classrooms on subjects like sex education and religion.
- NEW REPORT: Conspiracy of Silence: Sexuality Education in Public Schools (2016 report)
- Broken Promises: Charter Schools in Texas (2000 report)
- Broken Promises II (2001 report)
- The State Board of Education: Dragging Texas Schools into the Culture Wars (2008 report)
- Just Say Don’t Know: Sex Education in Texas Public Schools (2009 report)
- Sex Education in Public Schools: Progress in the Lone Star State (2011 report)
- Reading Writing & Religion: Teaching the Bible in Texas Public Schools (2006 report)
- Reading, Writing & Religion II (2013 report)
- Can This Class Be Saved? The ‘Hobby Lobby’ Public School Bible Curriculum (2014 report)